How to Pay Tuition
First: Set up your Family Connection profile.
- Talk to your center director to receive your registration invitation by email.
- Check your email to get your personal invitation link.
- Click the link and register!
Next: Sign in.
Understanding Your Invoices and Payments
As your partner in parenting, we’re here to help make your life easier—even when paying bills! Here's what you need to know about managing your child care tuition, fees, and invoices. You can also review this information en Español.
Where and When to Pay Your Bill
- For those that bill monthly, tuition invoices are generated on the 25th of the current month for the upcoming month’s enrollment. Your payment is due on the 2nd of the month.
- For centers that bill weekly, invoices are generated on Friday morning for your child’s pre-planned care the upcoming week. Payment is due before the center closes that same day (Friday), with a grace period through Tuesday of the following week.
Late payments will incur a fee.
- Late Pickups: Life gets in the way sometimes! We get it. But if your child is in the center past closing time, your center might charge a late pickup fee.*
- Drop-In Fees: If your child joins us for more days than they’re signed up for, you might be charged a drop-in fee for each day above their contracted schedule.*
- Summer Fees: During the summer, we charge a one-time fee to help us organize extra-special enrichment activities for your child like field trips and splash days.* This fee also covers an adorable branded summer T-shirt and water bottle for your child—don’t be surprised if they become household favorites!
- Overdue or Insufficient Payments: It happens to the best of us—we miss a payment deadline or overdraw on our account. If you have an overdue payment, you’ll be charged a late fee, and have 14 days to make your payment.* If you carry an overdue balance for more than 14 days, your account could be closed. We never want to get to that point, but also don’t want our families to incur overburdensome costs. If your payment is returned by the bank, you will be charged a fee for insufficient funds.*
All About Autopay
- How much will you be charged? Any time there's an invoice pending, we'll charge you the total outstanding balance on your account. Your invoice amounts will vary based on tuition, fees, and other charges that you might incur.
- When will you be charged? Your account may be charged according to your center’s billing schedule. Contact your center director to understand the billing schedule at your center location.
- When is tuition due? Your payment for child care is due before your child joins us for the upcoming week or month (depending on your center’s billing schedule).
When (and Why) We Bill for Unused Days
- Unplanned Absences. We staff and stock all your child’s classroom based on their planned care schedule. That means we don’t offer a credit for your child’s absences for sick days, nationally observed holidays, or emergency closures at your center.
- Professional Development Days. Every year, we hold two Professional Development Days (PDD) for our staff. PDD is a very special, enriching time when our teachers plan, learn, and train to be their best for your child. On these days, our center is closed but tuition will still be charged.
- Current tax and government programs
- Employer-sponsored benefits
- Subsidy programs for military and federal families